Statement of Faith
We believe in…
- The divine inspiration, inerrancy and authority of the Scriptures (see rule 6), also known as the Holy Bible as being the only rule for faith and conduct – Sola Scriptura – (2 Timothy 3:16; 2 Peter 1:20-21; 1 Peter 1:24-25).
- The one and only true and living God, eternally existent in three Persons, in unity, equality and distinction – Father, Son/Word and Holy Spirit – ( Matthew 28:18-20; Luke3:21-22; John 14:15-18; 2 Corinthians 13:14; Ephesians 4:4-6).
- The inherent corruptness of mankind through the fall necessitating personal and individual repentance from sin and faith towards God leading to regeneration by grace through faith alone in the atoning Blood of Christ. We believe in the eternal separation from God and conscious punishment of the finally impenitent – (Romans 3:10-11 & 23; 6:23; Revelation 20: 15 & 10).
- The virgin birth, sinless life, atoning death, triumphant resurrection, ascension and abiding intercession of our Lord Jesus Christ – (Is 7:14 & Matt 1:23; John 8:46 & 2 Cor 5:21; 1 Cor 15: 1-4; Matt 28:6; Acts 1:7-11; Heb 4:15 & 7:25).
- The regenerated state and progressive purifying of the believer by partaking in the finished work of Christ – (Rom 5:1; Heb 10:10 & 14; Hebrews 2:11).
- The Sacraments of Believer’s Baptism by total immersion and the Lord’s supper, also known as the Lord’s Table and Holy Communion and in the institution of the Church, the body of Christ, whose sole foundation and possessor is its builder – the Lord Jesus Christ – (Matt 28:19; Mark 16:16; Romans 6: 3-11; 1 Cor 11:23-26; Matt 16:18).
- The shedding forth of the Holy Spirit on the day of Pentecost resulting in the Baptism into the Holy Spirit referred to by John Baptist in Matthew 3:11 c/f Acts 1: 4-5, and in the perpetuation of the ministry gifts of Christ and of the ministry and gifts of the Holy Spirit throughout the Church Age – (Acts 2: 1-4, 33, 38, 39 and 16-18; Ephesians 4:11, 12; 1 Corinthians chapters 12 & 14).
- The literal gathering of the saints to be with the Lord. His pre-millennial return in like manner as was His ascension and the period of the millennium, which is yet to come – (1 Thess 4:16-17; Acts 1:11; Revelation 20: 1-7).
- The voluntary giving of offerings by God’s people for the alleviation of the poor and needy within the church community and the support of the ministry towards the extension of the Kingdom of God, – (1 Cor 16: 1-2; 2 Cor 9:7 & 9).